|Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
Hayom-Yom for 30, Av
|Hayom Yom was written by the Lubavitcher Rebbe in 5703 (1942-43).|
In this box we have listed the Torah Lessons for this year.
The Torah Lessons below in the text are as they were in the original edition.
- Begin saying L'David Ori (p. 81).
- The custom in the Rebbe's home  is to practice sounding the Shofar during this day.
- On the second day of Rosh Chodesh begin sounding the Shofar after davening.
Tuesday Menachem Av 30, Rosh Chodesh 5703 Torah Lessons
Chumash: Shoftim, Shlishi with Rashi.
Tanya: X. After greetings (p. 439)...souls took flight..." (p. 441).
The Alter Rebbe at first used to say brief Maamarim.
For example, the Maamar Zecher Rav Tuvcha and its amplification, published in the Siddur,  was said in six sequential sections, at somewhat greater length than in its printed version.
- (Back to text) And the general Chabad custom.
- (Back to text) The reference is to the Siddur with Chassidic discourses.
| About |